Gerber Omega Version 6
For more than 15 years, the world’s leading sign and specialty graphic makers have trusted Gerber Omega® software to meet their demanding production needs. Omega offers the industry’s most complete suite of layout, design, output, and conversion tools to accommodate the cutting and printing of vinyl and specialty materials, and to support routing applications for dimensional sign making, woodworking,and parts fabrication.
Omega design and output solutions are fine-tuned for sign-industry production devices and provide seamless integration with gerber vinyl cutters, the Gerber Edge® family of thermal transfer printers, and Gerber routers.
- OMEGA™ CP (Cut/Print)
Includes all the tools you need to create and output cut vinyl and router jobs, plus has color assignment and output capabilities for all GERBER EDGE® series and GERBER MAXX™ 2 thermal transfer printers. Includes ARTPath software.
- OMEGA™ CS (Cut Solution)
Includes all the tools you need to create and output cut vinyl and router jobs, however it cannot output to thermal transfer printers.
- OMEGA™ Layout Station
Allows for complete design activities without any output. Show customers concepts in the front office. Design on a laptop away from the shop. Add design stations and save files to a network folder for output.
- OMEGA™ Plot Station
Includes all the output capabilities of OMEGA CP with no design capabilities.
Specs & Requirements
GERBER OMEGA™ runs on Windows 10, Windows 8 & Windows 7
- If you have a GERBER EDGE FX, you can run OMEGA 6.0 on 32 or 64 bit versions of Windows 10, Windows 8 & Windows 7.
- If you have a GERBER EDGE or EDGE 2 with 64 bit Windows 7, 8 or 10 you must use the Gerber USB to Parallel Adapter and OMEGA 4.0 SP1 or later.
- If you have a GERBER EDGE or EDGE 2 and MUST use a parallel port, you must use a compatible 32 bit operating system. The EDGE 2 requires an ECP parallel port on the motherboard (not an add-on card). You can also use the Gerber USB to parallel adapter for the EDGE or EDGE 2 with a 32 or 64 bit operating system.
- 3D AutoCarve and Gerber Braille Interpreter require 32 bit operating systems.
- Gerber also offers a USB to serial adapter for use with Gerber sprocketed plotters.