Onyx Graphics Inc. was founded in 1989 in Salt Lake Cuty, Utah, United States, home of the "Greatest Snow on Earth". In the early days - when they weren't out on the slopes - the founders set out to help customers achieve colour printing on electrostatic printers for short run, large format printing. In Fact, the Onyx user group included so many market leaders and influencers that the group became the Digital Printing and Imaging Association (DPIA), which was eventually rolled into todays Specialty Graphic Imaging Association (SGIA). Onyx continues to pursue the company vision of helping customers increase productivity, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge with superior print and colour quantity. The Onyx product portfolio offers end-to-end solutions for print production workflow - from design to finishing. We invite you to browse the website to understand how their products will enhance your business.
Leading RIP solutions from Onyx that deliver true colour management and print workflow control. Suitable for a wide range of print applications and compatible with all large format printer manufacturers Onyx RIPs deliver solutions that will increase productivity, reduce costs and gain a competitive edge.
With ONYX software you get consistency from printer to printer
Whether they are UV, Solvent, Aqueous, or grand format. With hundreds of supported printers and thousands of profiles you will be up and running in no time.
ONYX helps you improve your bottom line results by reducing printing costs and increasing productivity. ONYX develops and markets commercial printing software and solutions for the digital color printing marketplace. By combining color science, image processing and print production knowledge, ONYX delivers powerful, reliable printing workflow solutions.
Features & Benefits
- Interactively scale, crop, and rotate images
- Apply custom tiling to oversized prints
- Make color corrections and replace colour – or a range of colours – from Preflight
- Web Portal for web-based print job submission and Queue Management
- Proprietary PosterColor™ colour rendering technology that drastically improves colour punch of CMYK output
- Innovative screening technologies, including Smooth Screen and custom screening capabilities
- Optional contour cutter workflow support
- Import and apply custom ICC profiles
- Create and edit density calibration tables and control ink restrictions
- Automatically install the program, queue and printer in one easy step
- Print directly to the queue from your creative application as you would to any desktop printer — even across networks and platforms
- Visually preview files to avoid costly reprinting
- RIP and simultaneously print bitmapped files for faster throughput
- Reduce ink consumption and media spoilage with Media Save nesting and nesting preview
- Add and calibrate your own media
- Colour match spot colours in PostScript files